World Snake Day

World Snake Day Quick Facts - AU

Related Hashtags#Snakes, #Snake
2023 Date16 July 2023
2024 Date16 July 2024
World Snake Day

World Snake Day History

World Snake Day seeks to raise awareness about snakes. This day aims to educate and remove stigma surrounding snakes.

World Snake Day was established in 2014 by the Advocates for Snake Preservation. It is observed annually on July 16th.

Top Tweets for World Snake Day -

World Snake Day Facts

  • As of 2020, snakes are the 2nd largest group of reptiles after lizards with about 3,789 different species.
  • About 70% of snakes lay eggs. The other 30% have live births. Snakes that live in colder climates typically have live births because their eggs wouldn’t survive the weather.
  • Snakes are capable of swallowing animals up to 75%-100% larger than their own heads.

World Snake Day Top Events and Things to Do

  • Learn more about the Advocates for Snake Preservation (ASP), a non-profit organization working to promote compassionate conservation and coexistence with snakes.
  • Read through several snake stories. You can learn more about their social behaviors and what to do should you encounter one.
  • Learn how to live safely with snakes. Snakes are important reptiles that eat the carriers of many diseases. Understanding how to properly handle a snake can help keep both you and the snake safe.

Copyright 2002-2023 © Sapro Systems LLC • About Privacy Policy License Terms Corrections & Suggestions